US: Chivas unveils 25 year old blend in New York
The blend harks back to the first ever Chivas Regal blend, which was also a 25-year-old Scotch, first shipped from Aberdeen to New York in 1909.
The whisky will be produced in limited quantities only, and each bottled will be individually numbered.
The brand extension had its launch in New York on Saturday (28 September) at an event attended by a variety of Hollywood and Bollywood film stars.
Christian Porta, chairman and CEO of Chivas Brothers, said: ''Just as the original Chivas Regal was the very first luxury Scotch, Chivas Regal 25 Year Old sets the standard for all others. Our ability to release such an incomparable blend is thanks to our tradition of owning a priceless stock of exceptional aged whiskies. As Chivas Regal Master Blender Charles Howard said in 1894, 'The name of Chivas shall be equivalent to the hallmark of excellence'."
The launch party for the blend took place in front of 450 guests from more than 30 countries at the New York Public Library, which was built in 1909, the year the first bottles of the original Chivas Regal 25 Year Old were shipped to the US.
Geographic appellations have existed in the wine world for centuries. In the spirits sector, however, the appellation has been much more sparingly used. But geographical definition is at the core of S...
The sale of the Swedish state-owned makers of Absolut Vodka, Vin & Sprit, is progressing "according to plan", as speculation mounts that a buyer will be named in the coming weeks....
Bacardi is the latest major drinks company thought to have teamed up with a local private equity firm, in its hopes to win the auction for Sweden's Vin & Sprit group....
Fortune Brands has refused to be drawn on speculation claiming the company has taken a partner in its bid to acquire Vin & Sprit....
The deadline for the second round of bids for Vin & Sprit (V&S) has been set....
Pernod Ricard is updating and expanding its Jameson Irish Whiskey Reserve offering in the US with new packaging and the addition of two new products....
Champagne brand Mumm is rolling out its aluminium Travel Canister through the supermarket chains, Sainsbury's and Waitrose, and the specialist drinks retailer, Threshers, from 1 April....
Pernod Ricard has updated the consumer website for its Kahlúa coffee liqueur in the US....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Pernod takes Absolut Warhol push to Travel Retail
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014