US: Chivas to broadcast 'webisodes' on online channel
Chivas Regal has teamed up with MSN to launch an online channel.
The Chivas Life Channel, unveiled by Pernod Ricard USA yesterday (26 June), is the first time a spirits brand has moved into the internet channel sector, Chivas said. The channel is based on the 'The Chivas Life Ambassadors' search, in which two people are chosen to report on their travels throughout world, in search of 'the Chivas Life'.
"With the vast expertise behind MSN, we've developed original programming that demonstrates a true Chivas Life experience," said Craig Johnson, brand director of Chivas Regal at Pernod Ricard USA. "As the first spirits brand to launch an online channel, it is our intention to give the web adventurer tools to seek out and enjoy the moments and experiences that define The Chivas Life."
The channel will feature webisodes from 'The Search for The Chivas Life Ambassadors', which follows candidates through the application process as teams are interviewed around the US. The webisodes culminate in the selection of the pair of Chivas Life Ambassadors from seven finalists in Las Vegas.
Visitors will also be able to travel virtually to destinations such as Hungary, Croatia, Egypt, Tanzania, Brazil, Japan and Peru alongside the selected ambassadors.
China's entry into the WTO has been a catalyst for further growth in imported spirits but the likes of Diageo and Pernod Ricard are not the only ones eyeing the growth potential. Counterfeiters are al...
Carlsberg has played down reports that it has backed out of the auction for Vin & Sprit....
Pernod Ricard's Malibu-Kahlua unit has launched a global advertising campaign for its Malibu rum brand....
Pernod Ricard's Champagne G.H. Mumm has given its Rosé Champagne a makeover "in time for Valentine's Day"....
The former president and co-owner of Domecq Importers in the US has been sentenced to ten years in prison for conspiring to defraud Allied Domecq....
Pernod Ricard is not as close as some reports may suggest to sealing a deal to acquire vodka brand Stolichnaya....
Carlsberg has admitted that it is "considering" its position on the pending auction of Vin & Sprit....
Diageo has unveiled an extension of its Bushmills Irish whiskey stable, to coincide with the first global advertising campiagn for the brand....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report