GLOBAL: Chivas targets plain sailing
Chivas Regal has extended its Chivas Life marketing campaign to cover sailing.
The campaign has stretched to include sailing, staring out with its position as the official sponsor of the recent King's Cup Regatta, in Thailand, the company said yesterday (18 April).
Chivas has also announced its sponsorship of the Olympic sailor Ben Ainslie OBE. In his role as global brand ambassador, Ainslie will support Chivas's sponsorship activity in the sailing arena.
The next destination in the Chivas Life Series is the Americas Cup 2007 in Valencia, Spain, sponsoring the China Team.
"The Chivas Life series is going from strength to strength as it enters its second year," said Martin Riley, international marketing director at the brand's owner, Chivas Brothers. "Sailing is an adventurous, aspirational and sociable sport which makes it a great fit for the brand as we extend the series. Ben Ainslie is equally, for us, the perfect embodiment of the "Chivas Life" - young, dynamic and successful.
"The sailing sponsorships mark the next phase of the Chivas Life Series."
Pernod Ricard's annual results briefing last week suggested the company has consigned the Allied Domecq deal to history. No more talk of bedding down and integration. The emphasis was firmly on the fu...
Terms like heritage, authenticity and personality can be seen as the building-blocks of brand image, but to establish an instant connection with consumers these attributes have to be captured visually...
Pernod Ricard has lined up a revamp of its Ballantine's 12 Year Old blended Scotch....
Pernod Ricard has launched a 25-year-old version of its flagship Scotch brand Chivas Regal....
Pernod Ricard USA will introduce a host of special value-added packs for its brands in the US for the coming holiday season....
Malibu-Kahlúa International has appointed a new CEO and president....
Spirits imports into China posted dramatic gains in 2006, rising by 36.5% to 3.5m nine-litre cases, according to the latest findings from The IWSR Drinks Record....
Chivas Brothers' Scotch whisky brand Ballantine's has become the official sponsor for The Barclays Scottish Open for the next three years....
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- just the Ten - Top News Stories of 2014
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part II: Beer & Cider
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018