UK: Chivas puts together Beefeater team
Chivas Brothers has formed the brand team for Beefeater Gin.
The Scotch Whisky and premium gin unit of Pernod Ricard announced today (21 March) that Nick Blacknell had been recruited to the position of brand director and would be joined by Eleanor Barker as marketing manager and Jo Smith as brand manager.
Blacknell will be responsible for the new Beefeater brand team with immediate effect and will report to Martin Riley, international marketing director. Blacknell joins Chivas Brothers from the V&S Group where, as managing director for Plymouth Gin, he was responsible for the brand's global marketing strategy.
Barker was previously brand manager for the New Zealand and US wine portfolio at Allied's UK wine division, where she managed the Montana, Lindauer and Mumm Cuvee Napa brands. Smith has previously been brand manager for Harveys and Domecq sherries and Cockburn's ports in the UK.
Chivas Brothers inherited Beefeater from Allied Domecq when Chivas' owner, Pernod Ricard acquired Allied in 2005.
In her first monthly column for just-drinks, renowned spirits journalist Patience Gould looks ahead to what 2007 has in store for the major international spirits producers....
Conflicting reports circulated this weekend over whether Bacardi International is looking to form a counter-bid for Allied Domecq....
Todays press reports into Pernod and Fortune's hopes to buy Allied Domecq warn of possible conflicts and set a date for completion....
Allied Domecq has added a new flavour to its Malibu range. The company said yesterday that it would be launching Malibu Passion Fruit in the US from April 15....
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are considering a US$13 billion bid for Allied Domecq, the world's second-largest spirits company. Were it to take place, Pernod and Fortune would split Allied's brand...
Pernod Ricard and Fortune Brands are hoping to buy Allied Domecq for around 670p per share, according to press reports....
The US consumer goods group Fortune Brands has confirmed it is in talks about launching a joint bid with Pernod Ricard for Allied Domecq....
Maxxium Global Travel Retail is to enter the US duty free market on 1 July 2005, when it will take over responsibility for the brand portfolios currently represented by Future Brands Duty Free and DFD...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research