UK: Chivas completes Ballantine's investment
Chivas said that it has finished a GBP480,000 (US$897,000) expansion at its Glenburgie distillery in Speyside, one of the key sites behind Ballantine's Scotch whisky. Pernod acquired Ballantine's, the world's third biggest-selling Scotch, as part of the carve-up of Allied Domecq last year.
The expansion has boosted distilling capacity at Glenburgie by 50% to 4.2m litres. Chivas said it is also planning to create visitor facilities at Glenburgie and a second site, Miltonduff, to "bring to life" the Ballantine's story.
Ballantine's brand director Peter Moore said the brand remained a "priority" for Chivas. He added that the capacity expansion would support the company's "future plans" for Ballantine, while the visitor facilities would provide "the perfect platform to illustrate the Ballantine's story".
Pernod Ricard has a good record of turning brands around, and is likely to need all that experience to revive the flagging fortunes of ex-Allied Domecq Scotch whisky Ballantine’s. Brand director Peter...
In spite of the news that the Indian government has once again eschewed tariff reform, Richard Woodard sees plenty of export growth potential for Scotch whisky, both in emerging and established market...
Economic growth and rising personal incomes in the Asia Pacific region may make it an exciting growth area for international brands but the potential for international spirits varies considerably from...
Pernod Ricard has a good record of turning brands around, and is likely to need all that experience to revive the flagging fortunes of ex-Allied Domecq Scotch whisky Ballantine's. Brand director Peter...
William Grant & Sons is to embark on a GBP23m (US$45m) marketing effort behind flagship Scotch whisky Glenfiddich....
Diageo has admitted that it is under investigation from the South Korean government but has refuted claims that the probe concerns tax evasion....
The EU has formally asked the World Trade Organisation to set up an arbitration panel to rule on India's tariff regime for imported wines and spirits....
India's UB Group is close to finally sealing the takeover of UK distiller Whyte & Mackay, just-drinks understands. UB, headed by Indian billionaire Vijay Mallya, has pursued Whyte & Mackay since start...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages