GLOBAL: Chivas Brothers teams with Christian Lacroix for Chivas Regal bottling
The company confirmed today (16 October) that it has moved the bottling to its Chivas Regal 12-Year-Old brand, after last year's tie-up with fashion designer Alexander McQueen for the Chivas Regal 18-Year-Old.
This year, the unit is offering a 1.5-litre magnum of 12-Year-Old, in a bottle designed by French designer Christian Lacroix. Each bottle is sprayed with fine metal filings, before a laser marks a design on to the bottle. The process takes around ten minutes per unit.
The bottling, which is limited to a run of 15,000, is already available in the travel retail channel, as well as in France and Spain. Orders for the bottle, which will retail in the UK for around GBP125 (US$205), have already been taken from 50 markets worldwide, with the exception of the US, where 1.5 litres is not a registered size for spirits.
"We wanted to do something for the on-trade and something more affordable," said Sophie Gallois, global brand director for Chivas Regal. This year's roll-out is larger in both size and scale than last year's, Gallois noted.
When asked more generally about media spend for the Chivas Regal stable going forward, Gallois said that this fiscal year's spend - from July to June - would match the previous year's. "We have a premium brand, so we have to pay for premium space," Gallois said, "but in some markets, most noticeably in the US, we have been able to get more value for money on media spend."
In the 12 months to the end of June 2009, media spend for the Chivas Regal portfolio totalled EUR50m (US$74.5m) globally.
Pernod Ricard has said it plans to appeal this week's Havana Club legal ruling against the firm in the US....
Bacardi has claimed a legal victory in its long-running row with Pernod Ricard over the Havana Club trademark in the US....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets