UK: Chivas Brothers opens distillery doors
The tours, which will take place during August and September, will walk visitors through the malt making process, Chivas said today (10 July).
Commercial heritage director for Chivas Brothers, Douglas Callander, said: "Whisky enthusiasts visit Speyside from all over the world and are always keen to see working distilleries. The two distilleries, although very different in design and appearance, are both key to the production of Chivas Brothers Scotch whisky products."
The Longmorn distillery is situated in the plains of Laich of Moray while the Allt a'Bhainne distillery is located in the valley of Glennrinnes and is one of Scotland's newer distilleries.
The visits are restricted to one group of 16 visitors per week and tickets cost GBP10 (US$19.74) per person.
United Spirits, owned by Indian billionaire Vijay Mallya, has said it is not concerned about an economic slowdown following 18% volume growth in its fiscal year-to-date....
Irish whiskey distillers are in the advanced stages of drafting a document to give their products protected name status in the EU....
More than 100 bottles of Grant's whisky have been stolen from a lorry in the UK, police have reported....
Whyte & Mackay has poached an executive from Beam Global Spirits & Wine to head up its sales and marketing operations....
Scotch whisky brand The Famous Grouse is to release 250 bottles of 37-year-old blended malt Scotch to coincide with the 250th anniversary of the birth of Robert Burns....
BenRiach Distillery Company has lined up a GBP250,000 (US$363,000) investment in the recently-acquired GlenDronach Scotch whisky brand....
Scotch whisky producers remain optimistic as the spreading economic flu bug sees the industry facing its first rocky period for several years....
Brown spirits, led by whisky, are making a comeback in the US market, according to new research....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020