UK: Chivas Brothers appoints gin brand director
Chivas Brothers, the Scotch whisky and gin business of Pernod Ricard, has promoted Simon Burley to the position of brand director for Beefeater and Plymouth Gin in the UK.
Burley will take up the role on 12 October, from which time he will report to Eric Benoist, Chivas Brothers marketing director at the company's Hammersmith offices.
In his new role, Burley will assume responsibility for the company's global marketing strategy, plus the international rollout of key heritage and education programmes for Beefeater and Plymouth Gins, the company said today (8 October).
Burley previously worked on the company's Chivas Regal and Ballantine's brands. Prior to this he worked for Pernod Ricard Australia on the marketing of the company's Scotch whisky brands.
Pernod Ricard's share price has edged up after a set of resilient half-year results, but it all hangs on the next six months....
Diageo is to launch an Easter marketing campaign around its spirits portfolio in the UK....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015