UK: Chivas 18-year-old gets global TV push
Chivas declined to give financial details about the campaign, which, it says, will focus on "adding prestige and sophisticated cues" to the Chivas Life campaign.
The advert features the track 'Playground Love' by French electronica group Air, and focuses on what Chivas describes as "the indulgent drinking experience in a sensual way".
Sophie Gallois, Chivas Brothers' super premium brands director, said: "This first TV commercial for Chivas Regal 18 crowns its successful relaunch and demonstrates how serious Chivas Brothers is about developing the super-premium market."
The company also said yesterday that it has partnered with chocolate producer Valrhona for a new tasting programme. Chivas will run the tastings from this month in key markets including Mexico, Venezuela, the US, Brazil and China.
In September, Pernod admitted that full-year sales for Chivas Regal in the US had slipped. Sales for the 12-month period were down by 4% year-on-year in the country, as the US Scotch market suffered what group chairman Patrick Ricard described as a "downward trend".
Beam's acquisition of Teacher's and Laphroaig may not have attracted as much attention as some other elements of the Allied Domecq sell-off but as Michael Cockram, Scotch brand director at Beam Global...
The Swedish spirits producer V&S Group is up for sale and, with the global premium vodka brand Absolut as its prime asset, has attracted much attention from major international players. Jeremy Cunning...
V&S Group's move into the local Chinese spirits market via a joint venture with Sichuan company JianNanChun offers the Swedish company access to the growing premium sector of a massive spirits industr...
The Bacardi executive who recently caused controversy in the Scotch industry by suggesting that flavourings should be permitted has left the firm suddenly....
Pernod Ricard has responded to the latest attack by Russian Standard on its Stolichnaya vodka brand....
Russian Standard has upped the ante on its attacks on Pernod Ricard's Stolichnaya vodka brand in the US....
Pernod Ricard is continuing the revitalisation of its Beefeater Gin brand, with the launch of a consumer website....
The term 'Scotch whisky' is the subject of a test application for geographical indication of origin in China....
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part II
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- Heineken's new range foreshadows craft's future
- Gruppo Campari Q4 & FY 2016 results - Preview
- Will fat-blocking products save the day for CSDs?
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Heineken hit by Greek compensation claim
- Bacardi takes stake in Ilegal Mezcal
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends