CHINA: Chinese wine industry sees three level change
Speaking at the first China International Grape Wine Grand Meeting, the director general of China International Light Industry, Chen Shi-neng announced that the country's wine industry had undergone a three pronged overhaul.The industry said Shi-neng, which has more than 40 joint ventures with international wine producers and has also introduced around 30 grape varieties, has seen three significant changes with the structural adjustments and upgrading. These were the move from grain to fruit flavoured wines, a change from high to low proof products and a shift in production methods from distilled to zymotic type. Shi-neng went on to say that the industry has continued to grow and has acquired more sophisticated equipment, adopted modern technology and improved product quality.The total yearly output in China is approximately 300,000 tons, and the biggest grape-planting base in mainland China is Qinhuangdao, home to 22 wine factories, and 25% of the national wine production.Held in the Hebei province, northeast China, the International Grape Wine Grand Meeting was attended by hundreds of wine producers, wine-making manufacturers, dealers, grape planting technicians and wine specialists.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018