FRANCE: China's thirst for Sud de France wines grows
French wine finds fertile ground in China
French wines under the Sud de France umbrella brand doubled exports to China last year, to around 10m bottles.
The brand, which is used by AOC and vins de pays producers and traders in the Languedoc Roussillon, was established in 2006 to promote exports.
Languedoc's regional council opened an office for Sud de France in Shanghai in November 2007.
“We don’t think the brand would have made a breakthrough in China as quickly as it has if it hadn’t been for this office,” a spokesperson for Sud de France told just-drinks today (26 February).
“There is no reason why the growth in our exports to China shouldn’t continue in a similar vein to last year in 2010.
“The Chinese market is maturing and while it’s good quality vins de pays which continues to be the main category in demand, AOCs are now gaining a foothold too,” the spokesperson said.
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets