CHINA: China Water & Drinks acquires stake in Hutton
China Water & Drinks has entered into a deal to acquire a stake in packaging company Hutton Holdings Corporation.
The bottled water firm said yesterday (6 September) that it has entered into a stock purchase agreement with two major shareholders, to acquire a 48% stake in Hutton in exchange for US$9m and over 2m shares of China Water's common stock.
Last year, Hutton, which owns PET packaging and bottle manufacturing company Guozhu Holdings, posted unaudited revenue and net profit of $30.7m and $7.5m respectively. The Hong Kong-based unit's customer portfolio includes Coca-Cola, Wateson's and Danone, Wahaha and Huiyuan Juice.
CWDK CEO Xing Hua Chen said: "The acquisition of Hutton is our first step in our plan to vertically integrate our operations and secures a stable and reliable supply source. This strategic ownership will enhance our bottled water production technology, which should reduce our costs over the long-run. It is also an important milestone that will allow us to implement our aggressive acquisition plan."
As part of the transaction, CWDK will purchase an aggregate of 11m shares of Hutton's common stock and 5m shares of its preferred stock from Cai Yingren and Wu Wen.
An amendment to Hutton's articles of incorporation will increase the number of shares of common stock in the company from 50m to 150m.
A recent BBC TV documentary in the UK has re-opened the debate about the environmental costs of bottled water. Annette Farr believes the documentary was one-sided and irresponsible....
Coca-Cola Icecek has launched Coca-Cola Zero in Turkey. The zero calorie brand has now been launched in over 50 countries, including the US and UK....
Calypso has announced plans to launch a tropical juice addition to its soft drinks range to celebrate this year's Fairtrade Fortnight in the UK....
The Coca-Cola Co. has declared a long term goal to recycle or reuse all of the aluminium beverage cans that it sells in the US....
PepsiCo has given details of its latest quarterly dividend....
Coca-Cola North America has introduced two additions to its Minute Maid Enhanced Juices line in the US....
PepsiCo has lined up an addition to its juice portfolio in India....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages