China tops Africa in beer market battle - Anheuser-Busch InBev CEO
Anheuser-Busch InBev CEO Carlos Brito told the Financial Times he is targeting China
The head of Anheuser-Busch InBev has downplayed the role of Africa in the future of beer, saying in an interview there is "way more action" in China.
Carlos Brito, whose company has limited exposure in Africa, told the Financial Times that he favours Asia as an emerging market. A-B InBev has an 18% market share in China, according to the FT.
"Asia offers an amazing opportunity for growth just like Latin America," Brito told the UK newspaper. "There is way more action and dynamic in China than in Africa. We believe a lot in focus so if we open too many fronts, it's just hard to do it right."
The CEO also said he would consider M&A, but only at the right price.
"We're not building a dream that has to have M&A, we're building a dream about company growth," he said.
A-B InBev was connected to a takeover of Diageo this month when major shareholder 3G, a Brazilian private-equity company, was reported to be considering a bid for the UK group.
Canadean's "Diageo plc : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations....
Diageo plc (Diageo) is an alcoholic beverages company that produces, distributes, and sells spirits, beer, and wine products....
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo, also ranks 13th globally in beer....
The report provides a review of the mergers and acquisitions (M&As), partnering deals, and agreements entered into by companies active in the global spirits market during January....
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- Pernod Ricard's Q1 results - Preview
- A Keeper of the Quaich writes - Editor's Viewpoint
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Constellation sells Canadian wine unit for US$761m
- Jobs at new India hub won't affect staff - Diageo
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Pernod Ricard cheers US move to ease Cuban limits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends