CHINA: China Resources Snow Breweries starts building Henan brewery
Another brewery is on its way for China Resources Snow Breweries
SABMiller's Chinese joint venture, China Resources Snow Breweries (CRSB), has begun construction of a new facility in the country's Henan province.
The brewer, which is 49%-owned by SABMiller and 51%-owned by China Resources Enterprise, confirmed yesterday (6 December) that building work on the site in Zhumadian city began in late-November.
Costing about CNY320m (US$48m), the plant is scheduled to begin operations in November 2011 with an annual production capacity of 200m litres, said a Beijing-based spokesperson for CRSB. "The plant will target the mass market in the region and will only serve the Henan province and the neighbouring Xuzhou city," the spokesperson said.
The plant will mainly manufacture the market-leading Snow beer brand, as well as regional brands including Yue Quan and Xue Di.
This month, we have decided to run The Wehring Interview over two instalments. After all, having waited so long to speak to Heineken's CEO, I have a lot of questions for him. Luckily, I've been grante...
Foster's Group has officially transferred shares to its newly-demerged wine business, Treasury Wine Estates....
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp