CHINA: China Resources Snow Breweries starts building Henan brewery
Another brewery is on its way for China Resources Snow Breweries
SABMiller's Chinese joint venture, China Resources Snow Breweries (CRSB), has begun construction of a new facility in the country's Henan province.
The brewer, which is 49%-owned by SABMiller and 51%-owned by China Resources Enterprise, confirmed yesterday (6 December) that building work on the site in Zhumadian city began in late-November.
Costing about CNY320m (US$48m), the plant is scheduled to begin operations in November 2011 with an annual production capacity of 200m litres, said a Beijing-based spokesperson for CRSB. "The plant will target the mass market in the region and will only serve the Henan province and the neighbouring Xuzhou city," the spokesperson said.
The plant will mainly manufacture the market-leading Snow beer brand, as well as regional brands including Yue Quan and Xue Di.
This month, we have decided to run The Wehring Interview over two instalments. After all, having waited so long to speak to Heineken's CEO, I have a lot of questions for him. Luckily, I've been grante...
Foster's Group has officially transferred shares to its newly-demerged wine business, Treasury Wine Estates....
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research