USA: CHIF in Dispute Over China Brewery
China Food and Beverage Company (OTC Bulletin Board: CHIF) announced today that Anhui Liu An Beer Company, Ltd., ("the sellers"), from whom the Company purchased its majority interest in its Chinese brewery in December 1998 for 4.2 unregistered shares of common stock, claimed that the Company was in default of its obligations to repurchase or cause to be repurchased from the sellers, a significant majority of the shares of the aforementioned common stock or, to provide additional capital to the brewery. As a result of the alleged default, the sellers refused to provide the Company with any financial information concerning the operations of the brewery during the first quarter of 2000 and assumed control of the brewery. It is possible that, in addition to taking control of the assets, the sellers may commence an action against the Company alleging, among other claims, breach of contract. Conversely, the Company is exploring its options, including but not limited to, initiating legal action of its own to recover what it believes to be a wrongful conversion of its assets by the sellers.In other news, information regarding the brewery disputes and the Company's first quarter financial statement can be found on the Company's most recently filed 10Q and 8K. The Company's 1999 financial statements can be found on the Company's most recently filed 10K. These aforementioned documents can be viewed at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo mulls United Spirits stake buy - report
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits