USA: CHIF in Dispute Over China Brewery
China Food and Beverage Company (OTC Bulletin Board: CHIF) announced today that Anhui Liu An Beer Company, Ltd., ("the sellers"), from whom the Company purchased its majority interest in its Chinese brewery in December 1998 for 4.2 unregistered shares of common stock, claimed that the Company was in default of its obligations to repurchase or cause to be repurchased from the sellers, a significant majority of the shares of the aforementioned common stock or, to provide additional capital to the brewery. As a result of the alleged default, the sellers refused to provide the Company with any financial information concerning the operations of the brewery during the first quarter of 2000 and assumed control of the brewery. It is possible that, in addition to taking control of the assets, the sellers may commence an action against the Company alleging, among other claims, breach of contract. Conversely, the Company is exploring its options, including but not limited to, initiating legal action of its own to recover what it believes to be a wrongful conversion of its assets by the sellers.In other news, information regarding the brewery disputes and the Company's first quarter financial statement can be found on the Company's most recently filed 10Q and 8K. The Company's 1999 financial statements can be found on the Company's most recently filed 10K. These aforementioned documents can be viewed at
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research