AUS: Chief strategy officer quits Foster's Group
The chief strategy officer at Foster's Group has resigned.
David Bortolussi, who has been with Foster's since 2004, is leaving the group with a view to becoming chief financial and operating officer at Pacific Brands, whose brands include Dunlop, Hush Puppies and Slazenger.
Bortolussi joined Foster's from McKinsey & Company and was appointed to the executive management team in 2006. Following the resignation of Trevor O'Hoy as Foster's CEO last June, Bortolussi was named as a potential replacement. The company instead appointed Ian Johnston as its permanent CEO in September.
"I would like to personally thank David for his contribution to reshaping Foster's strategy and performance improvement agenda, and wish him well in his new role," said Johnston.
Bortolussi will assume his new position at Pacific Brands in June.
Lion Nathan yesterday (7 October) ceased to exist as a separate entity after Australia's Federal Court approved the takeover of the brewer by Japan's Kirin Holdings....
Foster's Group has sold an 862-hectare vineyard to Oatley Wines for an undisclosed sum....
See the top ten stories published on just-drinks this week....
Foster's has frozen basic wages for senior management for the next 12 months, with CEO Ian Johnston taking home a AUS$1m bonus in the group's most recent fiscal year, according to the company's annual...
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Beringer Vineyards is to sponsor the PGA Tour, Champions Tour and Nationwide Tour in the US beginning next year....
Foster's Group has declined to comment on a claim, made by a source to just-drinks, that the firm will not pay bonuses to its Americas wine sales staff for its most recent full-year, following disappo...
Poor results for Australia's two biggest domestic wine firms have this week brought fresh calls for a cull of Australian vineyards....
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research