US: Chicago hit by bottled water tax lawsuit
A raft of trade associations have filed a lawsuit against the city of Chicago over the recent introduction of a "disconcerting" tax on bottled water. The American Beverage Association (ABA), Illinois Retail Merchants Association (IRMA), Illinois Food Retailers Association and the International Bottled Water Association have filed a suit against the city for its US$0.05-per bottle tax on bottled water.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Comment - Hybrid Spirits: Innovation or Laziness?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Focus - Heineken's H1 Performance by Region
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Portman finds against Diageo "mix it up" tagline
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Bacardi sees North America president step down