US: Chicago hit by bottled water tax lawsuit
A raft of trade associations have filed a lawsuit against the city of Chicago over the recent introduction of a "disconcerting" tax on bottled water. The American Beverage Association (ABA), Illinois Retail Merchants Association (IRMA), Illinois Food Retailers Association and the International Bottled Water Association have filed a suit against the city for its US$0.05-per bottle tax on bottled water.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Interview - Bernstein analyst Trevor Stirling
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Is Irish whiskey ready to recognise its potential?
- Cannabis – A clear and present danger to alcohol
- The European beer market - Focus
- Diageo appoints first programmatic marketing head
- Diageo strike threat postponed with fresh vote
- Pernod Ricard offloads Domecq brandies, wines
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Remy snaps up Seattle's Westland Distillery