ITALY: Chianti Classico body elects president
Marco Pallanti, winemaker at the Chianti Classico estate Castello di Ama, has been elected to head the Italian region's trade association.
Pallanti was today (17 July) president of the Consorzio Vino Chianti Classico. He will be assisted by vice-presidents Nunzio Capurso, director of the Melini and Machiavelli estates, and Francesco Colpizzi, president of the Castelli del Grevepesa co-operative.
"The culture of a territory can express itself in multiple ways and wine is one of these expressions," said Pallanti. "Today technology is partly responsible for globalizing the world of wine. We are ready to prove that Chianti's Gallo Nero is the emblem of a unique and inimitable terroir."
The Consorzio Vino Chianti Classico represents 96% of the area's total production.
Trade shows are so much part of the fabric of the wine business that it is hard to imagine life without them. But Richard Woodard asks if the industry can support such a large number of international ...
After six months as vice president and general manager for Europe at E&J Gallo, Devinder Singh is upbeat about his role and the international prospects for his company. He met with Olly Wehring to dis...
Heineken USA has appointed two regional managers....
Vinexpo is hoping to have a full house ahead of next year's event in June....
Trentino's leading wine-making co-operative, Cavit, is on the brink of losing one of its star co-ops....
Central European Distribution Corporation has snapped up yet another beverage alcohol distributor in Poland....
South African wine brand Golden Kaan is looking to boost international sales through two sales appointments....
Californian winemakers are turning to high-tech chemistry to choose optimum grape picking times, according to a Gallo Family Vineyards executive....
- Diageo NA head on Trump, Millennials, Bourbon
- Has Millennial-mania drowned out elder consumers?
- Interview - Loch Lomond GTR head Andre de Almeida
- Absolut and Smirnoff's conflicting Millennial view
- Trump, local spirits and the IR role - The Analyst
- Beam Suntory opens global headquarters in Chicago
- Diageo wine assets integration head to leave TWE
- Absolut not "sufficiently focussed" on Millennials
- Pernod Ricard targets at-home drinking
- Molson Coors names UK & Ireland managing director
- Luxury Alcoholic Drinks: The Spirit of Premiumisation
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends