AUSTRALIA: Cheviot Bridge backs out of Evans & Tate sale
Cheviot Bridge has backed out of the race for troubled Australian wine company Evans & Tate.
The company said today (20 July) that it will no longer be involved in a deal with the winemaker, which offered Evans & Tate an alternative to an offer from Ferngrove Vineyards, as well as restructuring plans proposed by financial services group Pendulum Capital and ANZ Banking Group.
Under the Ferngrove proposal, Evans & Tate would merge with Ferngrove in return for the issue of 413.33m shares to Ferngrove. The proposed merger would also see ANZ, to whom Evans & Tate owes around A$100m (US$84.86m), convert $45m of that debt into 409.09m shares at 11 cents each.
Following a two-year escrow period, ANZ would exit as a shareholder in the merged entity.
After the merger, there would be an underwritten, one-for-three rights issue to all shareholders at five cents per share which would raise around $17.68m, or possibly as much as $20m.
Around $10m would be used to pay off debt, with the rest becoming working capital. Ferngrove believes that under its plan ETW's core debt with ANZ would be reduced to around $42m after the rights issue.
Both proposals would see ANZ recapitalise Evans & Tate by converting into equity US$45m of the $100m owed by the winery.
The sale of Evans & Tate is finally expected to close next week, local reports have claimed....
McWilliams Wines is set to become the new owner of collapsed West Australian winemaker Evans & Tate....
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- English Gin Breaks Away From its Core Markets
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Wine in the United Kingdom