UK: Cherrygood cheers first-year sales
Cherrygood is now expanding overseas
UK juice firm Cherrygood has recorded a turnover of GBP1.2m (US$1.8m) in its first year of operation.
The company, which has listings in a number of UK supermarkets, said today (12 July) that it is looking to expand overseas with the brand now available in countries including Spain and Greece.
“Due to the success in the UK market, the company has been approached by an ever increasing number of companies who would like to start distributing Cherrygood in many new European territories,” the firm said. “The company is now selling directly to a leading distributor in both Greece and Cyprus and has also entered the Spanish market.”
The company is owned by John Heseltine, who created and sold natural fruit juice retail chain Lovejuice for GBP3.4m (US$5.1m).
The company’s products include Cherry Original, Cherry Berry and a recently-launched Original Cherry Light.
Heseltine said: “Cherrygood has been trading for 14 months and in its first year of operation had a turnover of GBP1.2m. When this is compared to Innocent’s first year sales of only GBP200,000 then we are rather pleased with the progress of the brand.”
Today is a very sad day here on just-drinks, as we bid a very fond farewell to our soft drinks and water expert, Annette Farr. Annette, we'll miss you. enjoy your retirement. But, before you go......
The UK used to be able to boast that it was the most dynamic wine market in the world. But, with ruthless supermarkets and an economic downturn, the country has lost its shine. Where are the wine comp...
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends