US: “Checkmate” for Summers Estate limited edition
Summers Estate Wines has unveiled a limited edition Bordeaux for the US market to be released in November.
The 2005 Checkmate is a blend of Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, Cabernet Franc and Petit Verdot, the company said today (5 September).
The name is a play on Summers Estate Wines' chess-themed logo of a knight, which represents its history as grape growers in the Knights Valley.
The 2005 Summers Estate Wines Checkmate has an RRP of US$100 and is a blend of four Bordeaux varietals, predominantly Cabernet Sauvignon (74%), then Merlot (16%), Petit Verdot (7%) and Cabernet Franc (3%).
The 75 cases will be available in select markets in November.
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman Q1 2017 results - Preview
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- US on-premise at "new normal" - research
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review