FRANCE: Chateau Montelena and Chateau Cos d'Estournel announce proposed acquisition
Michel Reybier, owner of Chateau Cos d'Estournel is in discussions to acquire the Chateau Montelena Winery in Napa Valley.
Chateau Montelena's founder, Jim Barrett and Reybier have been in talks to merge the two companies, which Reybier said "will continue to improve over time".
Financial details have not been disclosed.
Chateau Montelena was established in 1882. After going through a number of owners, the estate had been abandoned when the Barrett family acquired it in 1972.
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- US craft beer growth slows again - IRI figures
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits