FRANCE/US: Chateau de Sours hits US through Old Bridge Cellars tie-up
Chateau de Sours has lined up a nation-wide roll-out in the US through a partnership with California's Old Bridge Cellars.
The two companies confirmed earlier this week that Old Bridge Cellars will handle the US sales and marketing for the Bordeaux wine producer. California-based Old Bridge assumed the position at the beginning of this month.
The move marks Chateau de Sours' entry into the country, a spokesperson for Old Bridge told just-drinks late yesterday (23 January). “I don't know if the winery has had limited presence in the US in years past, but I can say that the wines have never been nationally distributed in the US before now,” the spokesperson said.
Old Bridge's president, Rob Buono, added: “In the past year, we've brought on wineries from New Zealand, Italy and Oregon, all in line with our mission to provide compelling wines from real winemakers. Taking on Chateau de Sours is a natural extension of our portfolio.”
Located just outside St. Emilion, in the town of Saint-Quentin-de-Baron, Chateau de Sours is owned by Martin and Nicolette Krajewski and produces red, white and rosé wines. Most of its portfolio will retail between US$15 and $20 per bottle in the US, with La Source Red ($40) and White ($35) operating at the top end.
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Fruit-flavoured beer? Think of the kids - Comment
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Anheuser-Busch readies US executive switches
- Brexit paperwork offers alcohol smuggling opp's
- Asahi’s Peroni Ambra - NPD
- Diageo's Captain Morgan LocoNut - NPD
- Irish whiskey hails bid to relax distillery sales
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends