Product Launch - UK: Chase Distillery's Willy's Cider
Chase Distillery's Willy's Cider
Category - Cider, 4% abv
Available - From next month
Location – UK on-trade; independent retailers
Price - RRP of GBP3 (US$4.77) per 50cl bottle
Distribution - To be confirmed
Herefordshire-based Chase Distillery is launching a “high-end” apple cider into the UK market.
Willy's Cider, which is 4% abv, is described by the company as “lightly sparkling” with a “crisp and refreshing flavour”, containing “no artificial colours or flavours”.
The cider has been made at the company's site since 2009 and is distilled to create Chase's gin range. It is only now the company has decided to bottle and sell it.
“We’re launching Willy’s Cider to really highlight the provenance of our spirits to a wider audience,” said company founder William Chase. “We distil this cider to create our fine gins, and ... it was only a matter of time before we started to bottle and sell it as a stand-alone product.”
The company is also re-launching its Williams Elegant Gin, an apple-based gin infused with 11 organic botanicals, including juniper, angelica, orange and lemon peel, hops and elderflower.
Earlier this year, Chase Distillery signed a distribution deal in the UK with Cellar Trends.
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller