US: Charmer Sunbelt, Quaker Equities join forces in NY
The Charmer Sunbelt Group and Quaker Equities have teamed up in Metro New York.
The two drinks distributors said yesterday (1 February) that they have created a joint venture in the area through their units in the area - Charmer Industries and Peerless Importers. The joint venture, known as Empire Merchants, will be a member of the Charmer Sunbelt Group.
"The Charmer Sunbelt Group is very enthusiastic about joining forces with Peerless," said Charles Merinoff, Charmer Sunbelt's CEO. "We are highly confident about the opportunities that the business combination creates for our suppliers, brands, retailers and consumers."
John Magliocco, chairman of Quaker Equities, added: "This combination makes great sense strategically. This combination will allow us to do an even better job for our suppliers and our customers. We can't think of finer partners than the Merinoffs and the Druckers."
Empire will be led by Lloyd Sobel as CEO, Anthony Magliocco as COO, Terrence Arlotta as CFO, and Steve Meresman as secretary and treasurer.
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages