US: Charmer Sunbelt, Quaker Equities join forces in NY
The Charmer Sunbelt Group and Quaker Equities have teamed up in Metro New York.
The two drinks distributors said yesterday (1 February) that they have created a joint venture in the area through their units in the area - Charmer Industries and Peerless Importers. The joint venture, known as Empire Merchants, will be a member of the Charmer Sunbelt Group.
"The Charmer Sunbelt Group is very enthusiastic about joining forces with Peerless," said Charles Merinoff, Charmer Sunbelt's CEO. "We are highly confident about the opportunities that the business combination creates for our suppliers, brands, retailers and consumers."
John Magliocco, chairman of Quaker Equities, added: "This combination makes great sense strategically. This combination will allow us to do an even better job for our suppliers and our customers. We can't think of finer partners than the Merinoffs and the Druckers."
Empire will be led by Lloyd Sobel as CEO, Anthony Magliocco as COO, Terrence Arlotta as CFO, and Steve Meresman as secretary and treasurer.
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Craft, imports near 50% share in US on-trade
- Beam Suntory's Laphroaig Brodir - NPD
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts