US: Charmer Sunbelt, Quaker Equities join forces in NY
The Charmer Sunbelt Group and Quaker Equities have teamed up in Metro New York.
The two drinks distributors said yesterday (1 February) that they have created a joint venture in the area through their units in the area - Charmer Industries and Peerless Importers. The joint venture, known as Empire Merchants, will be a member of the Charmer Sunbelt Group.
"The Charmer Sunbelt Group is very enthusiastic about joining forces with Peerless," said Charles Merinoff, Charmer Sunbelt's CEO. "We are highly confident about the opportunities that the business combination creates for our suppliers, brands, retailers and consumers."
John Magliocco, chairman of Quaker Equities, added: "This combination makes great sense strategically. This combination will allow us to do an even better job for our suppliers and our customers. We can't think of finer partners than the Merinoffs and the Druckers."
Empire will be led by Lloyd Sobel as CEO, Anthony Magliocco as COO, Terrence Arlotta as CFO, and Steve Meresman as secretary and treasurer.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Signs of life in Japan's beer market - Comment
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Diageo faces US$68m payout after SAP court loss
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends