US: Charmer Sunbelt in responsible consumption drive
The Charmer Sunbelt Group (CSG) has launched a responsible consumption initiative that will see public service announcements broadcast on radio stations in 11 US markets during the holiday season.
The message urges people not to drink and drive, reinforces adherence to all beverage alcohol laws, and provides a reminder that 21 is the legal drinking age. The period from Thanksgiving to New Year is one of the peak periods for alcohol-related road accidents in the country.
The radio campaign will be followed by the launch of the national "We don't serve teens" project, in which CSG is collaborating with industry body The Century Council and the Federal Trade Commission.
The company, which distributes beers, wines and spirits across some 15 states, has also just completed its first national television sponsorship, partnering with The Century Council to sponsor the 2006 College Smash Mouth Bass Championship on ESPN 2 and ESPN U, CSG used the sponsorship to promote drunk driving awareness.
Wine production in the Northern Hemisphere remains dogged by over-production, but according to a recent report published by just-drinks, there is plenty of opportunity for innovative and consumer-awar...
Budweiser has announced it will be renewing its partnership with The Premier League, the UK's top flight football league, with the renewed deal commencing 1st June 2007....
The alcohol industry has reacted with disappointment at the failure of The World Health Assembly (WHA) to reach a consensus on a resolution on alcohol....
Systembolaget has posted a healthy start to the year so far....
Research published by the UK's Wine & Spirit Trade Association (WSTA) and Wine Intelligence suggests that lower alcohol wines are becoming more popular among UK consumers....
Vinmonopolet has posted a marked slip in alcohol sales for the month of April....
Anheuser-Busch has stopped making its drink Spykes due to its "limited volume potential and unfounded criticism"....
Brick Brewing Co. is set to brew Tiger Malt non-alcoholic beer in Canada....
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages