US: Charmer Sunbelt Group snags Bacardi, Brown-Forman in seven states
The New York based wine and spirits distributor said today (19 March) that it will handle distribution of the two companies' brands in Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Maryland, Washington, DC and South Carolina. In addition, Brown-Forman will be moving its portfolio to CSG's operations in Delaware.
Details of who handles distribution for Bacardi and Brown-Forman previously were not immediately available.
The company now manages the exclusive distribution of Bacardi and Brown Forman in 11 markets, including Upstate and Metro New York, Pennsylvania and Virginia.
"The winning of Bacardi in Arizona and Colorado and Brown-Forman in Delaware and Colorado, is validation of the vision we have been working toward for the last three years," said Charles Merinoff, vice chairman of Charmer Sunbelt. ""As we combine these superb portfolios with exceptional distributor execution, CSG will improve the performance of brand-building programs, both on- and off-premise, and that is what delivers results."
The moves will take affect over the next 60 to 90 days.
Last month, Scotch whisky group William Grant & Sons signed a new distribution deal in the US with CSG, as part of its strategy to reinvigorate SPI Group's Stolichnaya vodka brand in the country. Charmer will handle distribution of Stolichnaya vodka in several states, in addition to the entire William Grant portfolio.
Yesterday (2 September), Brown-Forman posted a better-than-expected set of first quarter results. Company CEO, Paul Varga spoke exclusively to just-drinks yesterday afternoon, to explain the secret be...
Empire Merchants, a member of The Charmer Sunbelt Group (CSG), has been appointed distributor for Banfi Vintners....
The top ten stories published on just-drinks this week:...
Brown-Forman has launched a limited edition Christmas gift pack for Chambord, its French black raspberry liqueur brand, in the UK....
Brown-Forman has launched a promotional campaign in the US that involves donating a tree for every certificate redeemed from a bottle of Finlandia vodka....
Brown-Forman has commissioned the production of a US$2m diamond, gold and pearl bottle for its Chambord liqueur brand for the UK market....
Brown-Forman has said that it is "generally pleased" with its performance in the first three months of its fiscal year....
Brown-Forman has posted a strong rise in profits for its first fiscal quarter, despite a slip in sales for the period....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015