US: Charmer Sunbelt Group picks up Foster's Wine Estates distribution
Foster's plumps for Charmer Sunbelt in three US markets
Foster's Group's US wine division has switched distribution partners in the country in an attempt to “align with distributors who share our growth vision”.
Foster’s Wine Estates said yesterday (24 May) that it has signed exclusive long-term distribution agreements with The Charmer Sunbelt Group to sell its portfolio of wines in New York, Maryland and the District of Columbia.
When contacted by just-drinks today, a spokesperson for Foster's Wine Estates said that, in New York, Charmer Sunbelt will pick up the Etude brand from Skurnick, while in Maryland, it will continue to distribute Foster's full wine portfolio but “under a new, reconfigured, long-term contract”, the spokesperson said.
In Washington, DC, Charmer Sunbelt will pick up a portion of Foster's portfolio from Republic National Distributing Company.
The move marks the first phase of what Foster's described as a multi-phased 'Route-to-Market Initiative' launched after completion of the global wine review last year. Core elements of the initiative include distributor realignment, sales structure and capabilities reorganisation and new performance management systems.
“We are aligning with distributors who share our growth vision,” said Foster’s managing director, Stephen Brauer. “Charmer Sunbelt has the capabilities and commitment in these key markets to grow our core brands, build our luxury portfolio and partner with us in bringing new, innovative brands and ways of working to the market.”
The agreements will take effect from 1 July.
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research