US: Charmer Sunbelt boss dies
Herman Merinoff, co-chairman of the board of wine and spirits distributor The Charmer Sunbelt Group, has died at the age of 77 after a brief illness.
He joined his father's company Charmer Industries, then called Blue Crest Wine & Spirits Corp, in 1959, with a vision of developing and expanding the business within and beyond New York State.
Over the next few decades, he grew the family distributing business to 15 states and the District of Columbia.
In the early years of his career, Mr Merinoff served as the chairman of the board and CEO for Renfield Importers, which imported brands such as Gordon's Gin, Martini vermouth and Piper Heidsieck to the US, and served as the chairman of the board for James McCunn & Co, which imported Tanqueray Gin and John Begg Scotch into the country.
Chivas Brothers has unveiled the first international TV marketing campaign for its Chivas Regal 18-year-old Scotch whisky....
Pernod Ricard has signalled its commitment to promoting responsible drinking with plans to put warnings to pregnant women on all its wine and spirit brands throughout the EU....
Tanqueray London dry gin is running a custom sponsorship campaign on television station USA Network this month....
Independent UK spirits group Hayman Distillers has launched a stable of entry-level brands into China and the Philippines....
Russia is set to become a key export market for Tequila producers, according to the company leading the booming super-premium Tequila segment in the US....
The Patrón Spirits Company, best known for its namesake premium Tequila, looks set to move into the wider white spirits category with the acquisition of a vodka and a gin brand....
US drinks importer Admiral Imports has launched Canadian-produced Iceberg Gin in the US....
Italian drinks company Gruppo Campari has reported a slight increase in profit before tax as lower margins offset high revenue growth attributed to recent acquisitions and new distribution deals in th...
- Mahou San Miguel - just the Facts
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- A game of two halves for Remy Cointreau - Analysis
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- Britvic hits make-or-break time for US Fruit Shoot
- Beam Suntory to sell brandy & sherry to Emperador
- Former Diageo exec joins William Grant in LatAm
- Carlsberg "most likely" to buy Grolsch, Peroni
- A-B InBev mulls sale of Peroni, Grolsch - report
- A-B InBev embroiled in Caribbean "poison-pill" row
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Market 2015-2019
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts