US: Charmer Sunbelt affiliate names sales manager
US beverage alcohol distributor The Charmer Sunbelt Group has announced a sales appointment at one of its member companies.
John Barry has been named as general sales manager at R&R Marketing, a wine and spirits wholesaler in New Jersey. Barry's career in the drinks industry spans over 20 years. His first role was at Bacardi Imports in 1986.
In 1995 Barry joined Maryland-based distributor Reliable Churchill in Baltimore as field sales manager, and rose through a series of positions of increasing responsibility.
He was promoted to sales manager of the Raven Division in 2000, managing the Bacardi, Sidney Frank and Heaven Hill portfolios.
"John's extensive industry experience makes him uniquely qualified to support R&R in the development and implementation of a company-wide strategy aimed at attaining our Vision to be the Distributor of Choice in New Jersey," said Jon Maslin, president of R&R Marketing.
Bringing together the great and the good of the world's whisky distillers, The World Whisky Conference - which ran this week in Glasgow - saw just-drinks out in force. Chris Brook-Carter looks back at...
Bacardi has been engaged in a legal battle with Pernod Ricard over the rights to the Havana Club trademark for years. But Patience Gould believes the US-based spirits giant is shooting itself in the f...
The decision by Constellation to sell half of its UK distribution company Matthew Clark to Punch Taverns and form a joint venture with the pub retailer has left many in the industry scratching their h...
Diageo is looking to focus heavily on its premium market by offering up more innovative ways for them to connect with key brands....
Bacardi has appointed a new CFO....
Retail giant Sainsbury's plans to remove all artificial colours and flavourings from its own-brand ranges of soft drinks in the UK....
The World Trade Organisation has agreed to an EU request to take a closer look at India's taxation of spirits and wines....
European Union (EU) Agriculture Commissioner Mariann Fischer Boel has called for EU table wines to be labelled with their grape variety and vintage year, abolishing a restriction that reserves such in...
- Industry is following the pack to patriotic party
- How has craft beer put the squeeze on world beers?
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Diageo unveils first European Johnnie Walker House
- Consumers want brands that challenge them - study
- Spirits can fill music industry gap - Jagermeister
- Brown-Forman shuffles director pack
- Heineken signs JV deal in Philippines
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Soft Drinks Global Overview: Growth Opportunities Between Category Lines
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends