US: Charmer and Century form joint-venture in Delaware
Charmer Sunbelt Group (CSG) arm First State Distributing Group has entered into a joint-venture with Century Wine & Spirits and Delaware Beverage to create a new company, United Distributors of Delaware.
Multiple warehouses will be consolidated into a single location, based in New Castle, Delaware, within four months.
United Distributors of Delaware will be led by CSG president and CEO Paul Tigani, alongside executive VP and CFO Leo Renzette. Tigani said: "First State is thrilled to be working with Century Wine & Spirits, whose company and associates we've long respected and admired."
Joe Davolio, EVP of sales & marketing at CSG, added: "Both First State and Century have maintained the highest standards of performance and service over the years, and CSG brings to the table great systems combined with some of the best people in the industry, which will all bring performance at the new United Distributors to the highest levels."
- Scotch's Slipping Crown: Convenient for Diageo?
- Can Beer Learn from Keurig and Nespresso?
- C&C Group 'puzzled' by Spirit Pub Co rejection
- English Gin Breaks Away From its Core Markets
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
- Diageo partner Beckham turned down Beck's deal
- Whisky downturn slows Diageo's Scotch spend
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- EXCLUSIVE - Mast-Jaegermeister, TWE join watchdog
- SABMiller announces management reshuffle
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Wine in the United Kingdom