Product Launch - UK: Charles Wells and Dogfish Head Brewery's DNA New World IPA
Click through to view the pumpclip for DNA
Charles Wells and Dogfish Head Brewery's DNA New World IPA
Category - Beer, cask, 4.5% abv
Available - Launched on Monday (1 April). Only available for April.
Location - UK, selected Charles Wells and Young's/Geronimo pubs and some freetrade outlets
Price - Pubs to decide independently
Distributor - Charles Wells
Family-owned UK brewer and pub company Charles Wells has partnered with Delaware-based Dogfish Head Brewery to launch seasonal ale DNA New World IPA.
The 4.5% abv brew, made with Simcoe hops, is described as a “marriage of East Coast US and East Anglian UK brewing credentials”. It has been created by a reduction of Dogfish Head's 60 Minute IPA beer being integrated into Charles Wells's brewing process.
“We've taken the very DNA of one beer and added it to the brewing process of another,” said Tim Sprake, Charles Wells' international sales and agency director.
At a launch event in London last night (2 April), Sam Calagione, Dogfish Head's president & founder, said he had first noticed the UK company when he came across its Banana Bread Beer. On the new beer, he said: “We wanted to do something different. It (DNA) has a very intense bitterness, but is also intensely flavourful.”
The beer is also due to be rolled-out this summer in keg format and bottles for the on- and off-trade.
Meanwhile, a similar cask version of the beer will get a limited launch in the US in June, with a bottled format expected next year.
Calagione added: “This is the first step in what we hope is a very fruiful relationship with Wells & Young's.”
Earlier this year, Carlsberg linked up with Brooklyn Brewery to build a new plant in Swenden.
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- How to turn a domestic spirit into a global brand
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Captain Morgan distillation trial queried by USVI
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Sazerac sues Brown-Forman over Tennessee Fire
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts