Product Launch - UK: Charles Wells and Dogfish Head Brewery's DNA New World IPA
Click through to view the pumpclip for DNA
Charles Wells and Dogfish Head Brewery's DNA New World IPA
Category - Beer, cask, 4.5% abv
Available - Launched on Monday (1 April). Only available for April.
Location - UK, selected Charles Wells and Young's/Geronimo pubs and some freetrade outlets
Price - Pubs to decide independently
Distributor - Charles Wells
Family-owned UK brewer and pub company Charles Wells has partnered with Delaware-based Dogfish Head Brewery to launch seasonal ale DNA New World IPA.
The 4.5% abv brew, made with Simcoe hops, is described as a “marriage of East Coast US and East Anglian UK brewing credentials”. It has been created by a reduction of Dogfish Head's 60 Minute IPA beer being integrated into Charles Wells's brewing process.
“We've taken the very DNA of one beer and added it to the brewing process of another,” said Tim Sprake, Charles Wells' international sales and agency director.
At a launch event in London last night (2 April), Sam Calagione, Dogfish Head's president & founder, said he had first noticed the UK company when he came across its Banana Bread Beer. On the new beer, he said: “We wanted to do something different. It (DNA) has a very intense bitterness, but is also intensely flavourful.”
The beer is also due to be rolled-out this summer in keg format and bottles for the on- and off-trade.
Meanwhile, a similar cask version of the beer will get a limited launch in the US in June, with a bottled format expected next year.
Calagione added: “This is the first step in what we hope is a very fruiful relationship with Wells & Young's.”
Earlier this year, Carlsberg linked up with Brooklyn Brewery to build a new plant in Swenden.
Earlier this week, analysts at UBS released their latest 'Beeronomics' research note, looking at the global beer landscape. Here, courtesy of UBS, is a breakdown of the top 25 beer markets around the ...
This report comprises of high level market research data on the Malaysia beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and ...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Edrington posts FY profits drop
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research