AUS: Charles Heidsieck Champagne switches distributor to Robert Oatley Vineyards
Charles Heidsieck Champagne has announced it is changing its Australian distributor to Robert Oatley Vineyards, after three years using Suntory Australia.
The Champagne house, bought by Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles (EPI) last year, said on Monday (30 July) that the switch is being made as a more "wine-focussed partner" will benefit the business. The change takes effect from 1 September.
"We have enjoyed our association with Suntory Australia over the past three years, but believe that the move to a more wine-focused partner will be to Charles Heidsieck’s advantage," said Cécile Bonnefond, the company’s president.
Charles Heidsieck said its flagship Brut Réserve and Rosé Reserve champagnes, the Vintage Brut and Vintage Rosé, and its Blanc des Millénaires, are expected to become "increasingly available" in Australian fine-dining restaurants and wine shops from September as a result of the tie-up.
In this, the third part of Euromonitor International's preview of the year ahead, senior alcoholic drinks analysts Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis turn their attention to the global spirits c...
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research