AUS: Charles Heidsieck Champagne switches distributor to Robert Oatley Vineyards
Charles Heidsieck Champagne has announced it is changing its Australian distributor to Robert Oatley Vineyards, after three years using Suntory Australia.
The Champagne house, bought by Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles (EPI) last year, said on Monday (30 July) that the switch is being made as a more "wine-focussed partner" will benefit the business. The change takes effect from 1 September.
"We have enjoyed our association with Suntory Australia over the past three years, but believe that the move to a more wine-focused partner will be to Charles Heidsieck’s advantage," said Cécile Bonnefond, the company’s president.
Charles Heidsieck said its flagship Brut Réserve and Rosé Reserve champagnes, the Vintage Brut and Vintage Rosé, and its Blanc des Millénaires, are expected to become "increasingly available" in Australian fine-dining restaurants and wine shops from September as a result of the tie-up.
In this, the third part of Euromonitor International's preview of the year ahead, senior alcoholic drinks analysts Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis turn their attention to the global spirits c...
While there has been huge focus in the spirits sector on emerging markets in recent years, a new report from Euromonitor International suggests prioritising development in these up-and-coming regions ...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future