UK: Charles Heidsieck Champagne switches distributor to Liberty Wines
Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles is moving the distribution of Charles Heidsieck Champagne in the UK to Liberty Wines Ltd from 1 June.
Its current distributor First Drinks Brands said today (18 May), however, that it would continue to be the exclusive distributor for Piper-Heidsieck Champagne in the UK.
Cecile Bonnefond, Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles' president, said the company had enjoyed its associtation with First Drinks over the last three years, but the move to a more wine-focussed distributor will be to its "advantage".
"We have exciting plans for Charles Heidsieck in the coming months and we look forward to working together to makes these champagnes more accessible to the UK's discerning customers," he said.
Chris Mason, managing director for First Drinks Brands said: “We are fully supportive of the decision of PH-CH to move Charles Heidsieck to a fine wine-orientated partner in the UK.
“We look forward to a continued partnership focusing all of our efforts for Champagne on Piper-Heidsieck and its continued success in the UK.”
Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles acquired the two Champagne brands from Remy Cointreau a year ago. First Drinks is owned by UK-based spirits firm William Grant & Sons.
In a way it must be a bit galling for the undoubtedly talented number crunchers at the International Wine and Spirit Record (IWSR) that their carefully devised methodology for calculating the world's ...
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Soft drinks is losing the recycling game
- Cognac is back - is Remy Cointreau ready?
- Heineken Q1 2017 by region - results data
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Scotch sales set to soar, despite recent struggles
- Pernod Ricard posts solid YTD sales jump - results
- Pernod Ricard YTD fiscal-2017 sales performance
- Cognac needs innovation at bottom end - Pernod
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Flavoured Powder Drinks in 2017: Confronting an Ageing World