UK: Charles Heidsieck Champagne switches distributor to Liberty Wines
Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles is moving the distribution of Charles Heidsieck Champagne in the UK to Liberty Wines Ltd from 1 June.
Its current distributor First Drinks Brands said today (18 May), however, that it would continue to be the exclusive distributor for Piper-Heidsieck Champagne in the UK.
Cecile Bonnefond, Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles' president, said the company had enjoyed its associtation with First Drinks over the last three years, but the move to a more wine-focussed distributor will be to its "advantage".
"We have exciting plans for Charles Heidsieck in the coming months and we look forward to working together to makes these champagnes more accessible to the UK's discerning customers," he said.
Chris Mason, managing director for First Drinks Brands said: “We are fully supportive of the decision of PH-CH to move Charles Heidsieck to a fine wine-orientated partner in the UK.
“We look forward to a continued partnership focusing all of our efforts for Champagne on Piper-Heidsieck and its continued success in the UK.”
Societe Europeenne de Participations Industrielles acquired the two Champagne brands from Remy Cointreau a year ago. First Drinks is owned by UK-based spirits firm William Grant & Sons.
In a way it must be a bit galling for the undoubtedly talented number crunchers at the International Wine and Spirit Record (IWSR) that their carefully devised methodology for calculating the world's ...
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK
- William Grant & Sons boosts Travel Retail team