Chapel Down gears up for US launch
Chapel Down first announced its US launch in May
English winery Chapel Down is to ship 10,000 bottles to the US before the end of the year as it ramps up its official launch in the country.
The company said today it has partnered with luxury wine and spirit company ABCK Corp and will roll out in east and west coast states from October. Chapel Down's MD, Mark Harvey, revealed to just-drinks in May the company's new US export focus.
Today, Harvey said: "There is a genuine sense of excitement amongst sommeliers, great restaurants and bars and high quality retailers about the significant opportunity that lies ahead for English sparkling wines. We are looking forward to getting started."
Chapel Down said it will work closely with ABCK to raise the profile of English wines through a series of ongoing events and in-market support. Chapel Down will also work with its British theatre partner, The Donmar Warehouse, on a series of events in conjunction with its shows on Broadway.
In May, Harvey told just-drinks that exports will be a "secondary focus" for Chapel Down. "You'd be crazy if you didn't capitalise on the bags of potential in the UK," he said.
National Wine & Spirits, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis
Canadean's "National Wine & Spirits, Inc.: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Analysis" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains ...read more
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- "Beer and weed are complements" - analyst
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits