FRANCE/CHINA: Changyu Pioneer Wine Company acquires Cognac trader
China's Changyu Pioneer Wine Company has acquired small Cognac trader, Roullet-Fransac, for an undisclosed sum.
The sale was finalised last week, but further details of the deal were not revealed. Based in the town of Cognac, Roullet-Fransac was founded in 1838. Its premises are situated on the banks of the Charente river.
Roullet-Fransac has annual estimated sales of around EUR1.5m. It has limited stocks and possesses no vineyards. However, its property interests include an 18th century 2,000 square-metre dwelling.
Reports emerged last year that Changyu was planning to build a CNY6bn (US$944m) "wine city" in North China by 2016.
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report