UK: Chang Beer extends football shirt sponsorship
Chang Beer has extended its shirt sponsorship deal with an English Premier League football team.
The Thai beer brand, owned by Thai Beverage, will continue to be displayed on Everton's shirts for a further three years, the company confirmed yesterday (17 January). The extension will cost ThaiBev GBP8m (US$15.6m), and will run from the beginning of next season.
Chang, which was officially launched in the UK last year, has been Everton's shirt sponsor since 2004. The initial deal was forged to capitalise on the popularity of English football in Thailand and is not related to the brand's UK launch, a spokesperson for the company told just-drinks in October.
Thai Beverage, the maker of Chang Beer, is moving into the premium beer category in Thailand by launching German beer brand Federbrauin the country, according to local reports....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Singapore-listed Thai Beverage announced today (15 May) it has signed a memorandum of understanding to acquire a 43.9% stake in Oishi Group for US93.8m....
Thai Beverage said yesterday (14 May) that a fall in its beer sales as well as increased costs had led it to report a drop in net profits in its first quarter....
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Brewers v Distillers in Nutrition Control Battle
- Heineken to cut jobs in global shake-up
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Moet Hennessy sells Scotch Malt Whisky Society
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Heineken N.V. - Strategy and SWOT Report
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly