UK: Chang Beer extends football shirt sponsorship
Chang Beer has extended its shirt sponsorship deal with an English Premier League football team.
The Thai beer brand, owned by Thai Beverage, will continue to be displayed on Everton's shirts for a further three years, the company confirmed yesterday (17 January). The extension will cost ThaiBev GBP8m (US$15.6m), and will run from the beginning of next season.
Chang, which was officially launched in the UK last year, has been Everton's shirt sponsor since 2004. The initial deal was forged to capitalise on the popularity of English football in Thailand and is not related to the brand's UK launch, a spokesperson for the company told just-drinks in October.
Thai Beverage, the maker of Chang Beer, is moving into the premium beer category in Thailand by launching German beer brand Federbrauin the country, according to local reports....
The top ten most visited stories on just-drinks this week:...
Singapore-listed Thai Beverage announced today (15 May) it has signed a memorandum of understanding to acquire a 43.9% stake in Oishi Group for US93.8m....
Thai Beverage said yesterday (14 May) that a fall in its beer sales as well as increased costs had led it to report a drop in net profits in its first quarter....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research