US: Championlyte makes NY acquisitions
Sports drinks company ChampionLyte Holdings has announced that it has signed a definitive agreement for the acquisition of Cargo Connection Logistics Corp. and Mid-Coast Management, Inc., two privately-held, New York-based transportation/logistics companies, with a combined turnover of US$18m.
As part of the agreement, an institutional investor has raised US$1m for the company, which will be used as working capital for Cargo Connection Logistics Corp. and to liquidate part of ChampionLyte Holdings' current outstanding debt. Miami-based Knightsbridge Capital acted as exclusive financial advisor to ChampionLyte Holdings.
"For the past two years we have committed significant resources to resurrect a beverage company that was on the brink of collapse," said David Goldberg, president of ChampionLyte.
"Despite all of these efforts and what we still firmly believe is an excellent product, we could not make the inroads necessary to be a viable player in the beverage industry. As a result, we recently engaged Knightsbridge Capital to explore several strategic merger options that would have a positive impact on the valuation of our company. Our board believes that the acquisition of Cargo Connection and Mid-Coast provides us with an outstanding opportunity to provide real value for our shareholders in a mature, multi-billion dollar industry with a company that has a seasoned management team with ambitious, yet pragmatic, growth plans."
Sectors: Soft drinks
The Hispanic community is a large and growing ethnic group within the US population and a consumer segment that soft drinks marketers are looking to tap. Hinde Liep of US market research company, Busi...
The functional drinks sector remains something of a niche market in Eastern Europe but there is clearly growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, assesses the state o...
Functional soft drinks are relatively undeveloped in Latin America in comparison with Europe but there is significant growth potential. Hope Lee of industry analysts, Euromonitor International, examin...
West Europe's flavoured water market is flourishing, the result of increased healthy living and consumer demand for drinks that offer new taste alternatives, a report has said....
Alabama's State Board of Education has banned carbonated drinks from vending machines in public elementary schools and limited them in middle and high schools....
With the introduction of Powerade Option, announced this week, Coca-Cola hopes to challenge PepsiCo's hold on the sports drink market....
Coca-Cola has launched a low-calorie sports drinks called POWERade OPTION, which it hopes will challenge the dominance of rival Gatorade in the sector. The new brand will hit shelves across the US thi...
Coca Cola is planning to invest €20m in a new production line at its plant at Socx near Dunkirk in northern France....
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China