FRANCE: Champagne Taittinger teams up with FIFA for 2014 World Cup
Next year's FIFA World Cup takes place in Brazil
Champagne Taittinger has secured 'official Champagne' status for its namesake brand at next year's FIFA World Cup football tournament.
The family-owned company announced today (27 June) that it has signed a sponsorship deal with global football body FIFA that will run until the end of 2015. The tie-up, for an undisclosed sum, will see Taittinger boast the title of 'official FIFA Champagne' at the 2014 World Cup in Brazil.
The brand is also the official Champagne for FIFA's Confederations Cup, which is running this month, also in Brazil.
“Champagne Taittinger will manifest its presence at the 2014 FIFA World Cup in the months to come through various initiatives with the help of its 150 distributors around the world,” the company said.
Next year's World Cup runs from 12 June to 13 July.
The Taittinger family bought back control of the company from French bank Credit Agricole in late-2007.
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets