UK: Champagne Taittinger adds to artist collection
Champagne Taittinger has added another artist to its limited edition Taittinger Collection in the UK.
Robert Rauschenberg has been commissioned by the French Champagne house to design a bottle for its 2000 Vintage. The bottle will be released next month in the country at a retail price of around GBP145 (US$291) and will be the eleventh in the series. The design will display a collage including a combination of stamps and photography, the company said yesterday (24 April).
Champagne Taittinger Brut 2000 is a blend of 50% Chardonnay to 50% Pinot Noir. The white fruit is mainly from Grand Crus vineyards of the Côte des Blancs, while the black grapes come from the Montagne de Reims and the Vallée de la Marne.
Claude Taittinger began the Vintage Champagne series in 1983 when he approached Hungarian artist Victor Vasarely and commissioned him to design a small number of vintage 1978 bottles.
Champagne Taittinger sole UK agents marketing director Lynn Murray said: "The Taittinger Collection continues to be one of the most eagerly awaited releases from the Taittinger house. Produced in limited quantities they are aimed at collectors, but also make unusual and prestigious gifts."
Domaine Chandon has released a single-serve size for its rosé sparkling wine in the US....
Pernod Ricard USA will introduce a host of special value-added packs for its brands in the US for the coming holiday season....
Pernod Ricard has updated the packaging across its Champagne Perrier-Jouët range....
Bibendum has added two new single-estate English wines that use the company's north London home as a namesake....
Coming up at this year's VinExpo in Bordeaux…...
Coming up at this year's London International Wine & Spirits Fair…...
Freixenet USA has renovated its website to include notes on its range of sparkling wines....
Drinks advertising for products free from designation of origin systems can in principle compare their qualities to other drinks regulated under appellation rules, the European Court of Justice (ECJ) ...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends