FRANCE: Champagne rebound boosts Lanson-BCC FY profits
- 2010 net profits up by 19% to EUR19.2m (US$27.2m)
- EBIT up by 12.6% to EUR43.2m
- Net sales up by 11% to EUR305m
- Figures still lag those of 2007
Lanson-BCC upbeat as Champagne demand returns
Lanson-BCC has reported a strong rise in full-year profits for 2010 thanks to stronger consumer demand for Champagne.
Net profits rose by 19% for the 12 months to the end of December, to EUR19.2m (US$27.2m), Lanson-BCC said yesterday (22 March). Earnings before interest and tax increased by almost 13% on the previous year, to EUR43.2m.
Stronger demand for Champagne, which led to an 11% rise in net sales to EUR305m, together with lower costs, lifted the Lanson Champagne producer's performance for the year.
The group remained below levels hit in 2007, the last full year prior to the global financial crisis, when profits reached EUR21.4m and net sales hit EUR359.4m.
However, the company said that it has seen momentum from 2010 continue into this year. "2011 has seen quite a dynamic start to the year," said the group, although it warned against "excessive optimism" due to strong competition in the market.
Today, a report in France's Les Echos newspaper said that Lanson-BCC will return to the US market for the first time since 2008. This could not be immediately confirmed by just-drinks.
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends