FRANCE: Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte posts record FY profits
- FY operating profits up 7.8% to to EUR15.6m
- Sales slip 7% to EUR192.8m
- Nicolas Feuillatte volumes down to 9.1m bottles
Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte posted strong volumes for its namesake brand
Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte has posted record full-year results after its namesake brand remained “buoyant” in 2012.
Operating profit rose by 7.8% to EUR15.6m, despite a 7% slip in sales to EUR192.8m, the Champagne house said.
Figures published in January put volumes at 9.5m, down 1% from 2011. Some 58% of the bottles were sold in France, the company said.
Managing director Dominique Pierre said at Nicolas Feuillatte's AGM on Friday (17 May): “(The company's) achievements, in terms of both events and Champagne sales, have reaped significant results, thus strengthening the structure and reputation of our union created 40 years ago.”
Looking ahead, the house said it must must “consolidate its positions” in France, the UK and US, while looking to other international markets to ensure future expansion.
Global Champagne sales in value terms held steady last year, despite a fall in volumes, according to study in February.
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future