UK: Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte moves into on-trade
Champagne Nicolas Feuillatte has signed Thierry's subsidiary Cavendish Wines as its first distributor for the UK on-trade.
The deal, which takes immediate effect, is a first for Nicolas Feuillatte in the UK on-trade, a spokesperson for the group told just-drinks today (1 March). Cavendish Wines' parent firm, Thierry's Wine Services, has distributed Nicolas Feuillatte in the UK off-trade for around 20 years.
Nicolas Feuillatte's CEO, Dominique Pierre, said that the group is targeting premium on-trade outlets in the UK.
In 2011, Nicolas Feuillatte saw volume sales rise by 18%, to 10.5m bottles, outperforming a global Champagne sector that saw volume sales rise by 1% over the same period. Champagne exports to the UK fell by almost 3% over the year, versus 2010, show figures released this week by Champagne trade body CIVC.
- Interview Berry Bros & Rudd CEO Dan Jago - Part I
- The threat of excess choice in beer is over-stated
- Key trends for the beer category in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the spirits sector in 2017 - Focus
- Key trends for the alcohol category in 2017
- Pernod Ricard's Method and Madness Irish whiskey
- Premium to counter mainstream in gin - research
- Bacardi lines up Canadian bottling plant closure
- Pernod unveils new St Patrick's Day Jameson bottle
- Wm Grant names Victor Jerez business director
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends