FRANCE/UK: Champagne Jacquart joins Enotria in UK
Champagne Jacquart has teamed up with importer and distributor Enotria in the UK as it looks to target the country's on-trade.
The French firm confirmed earlier today (27 September) that Enotria will be its exclusive UK agent from 1 October. Previously, Jacquart had a number of direct customers but “no real on-trade distribution as such”.
Speaking to just-drinks, Jacquart's export director, Patrick Spanti, said the company is keen to up its presence in the “fast-moving environment” of the on-trade in the UK. Despite recent reports suggesting the channel is struggling thanks to the downturn, Spanti maintained that “things are moving in the right direction again” for the sector.
Enotria's CEO, Alison Levett, added: “As we start to see some recovery in the Champagne category, we are convinced that Jacquart will add a new dimension to our … Champagne offering. We see a great opportunity to build Jacquart in the on-trade and develop their successful growth in all channels of the UK market.”
Jacquart is responsible for around 8% of total production in the Champagne region.
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Craft more about stories than M&A for Diageo
- Diageo readies "not quite as sincere" Scotch
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review