UK: Champagne Jacquart focuses on UK on-trade with distribution split
Champagne Jacquart has split its distribution in the UK, with Paragon Vintners taking over several channels from PLB Wines in the country.
The Champagne company said late last week that, from 1 September, Paragon will handle distribution for Jacquart Champagnes in the UK on-trade, cash and carry, multiple specialists and independent retail sectors.
PLB, with whom Jacquart has worked since 2004, will continue to distribute the company's portfolio in the multiple grocery sector.
Paragon will focus on Jacquart's Mosaïque range, while PLB will handle the Tradition range. Jacquart's Prestige, Special Cuvées and Vintages, meanwhile, will be available through both distributors.
Jacquart's managing director, Jean-Marc Pottiez said: "The UK is one of our best performing export markets, now accounting for 23% of total exports, and PLB is helping us make fantastic progress in the leading UK supermarkets.
"Given the quality of the grapes Jacquart is able to source and the long ageing of our Cuvées, we feel there is great potential in the on-trade, independent retailer and off-licence sectors. Paragon's experience and know-how will certainly enable us to take full advantage of this."
Brian Woods, joint managing director of Paragon, said: "Paragon offers Champagne Jacquart two main commercial advantages - firstly, a very well established network of independent and on-trade customers throughout the UK, which will help Champagne Jacquart achieve much broader distribution objectives and, secondly, an agency list which includes many premium wine estates from all over the world."
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- What's coming up in wine in 2017? - Comment
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- The Cognac Category - Everything you need to know
- The wine category in 2016 - Review of the Year IV
- Edrington readies Americas, GTR exec switches
- Diageo Australia names new commercial head
- Diageo lines up 2017 Johnnie Walker expressions
- High-end Cognac making recovery in China - Pernod
- Drinks industry counters calls to ban alcohol ads
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Darker Than Before: Global Prospects for Brown Spirits
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends