INDIA: Champagne Indage toasts booming 2006
Indian wine group Champagne Indage has posted a healthy set of figures for its fourth quarter.
The company said net sales for the last three months of 2006 hit INR4.1bn (US$93.2m), a strong increase from INR2.4bn a year earlier. Net profit for the quarter also almost doubled in the quarter, to INR734.5m from INR379.1m.
For the nine months to 31 December, net sales reached INR7.5bn from INR4.3bn, with net profit hitting INR1.15bn from INR606m.
All of these figures were unaudited, the Mumbai-based company noted.
Although Champagne Indage also posted its full-year figures for 2006, no comparison results for the year before were issued. Audited sales for the year totalled INR6.9bn, with net profit coming in at INR1.1bn.
Last month, Champagne Indage bought the winemaking arm of Australian company Tandou. The purchase followed 2006's acquisition of UK-based wine agent McKinley Vintners.
Indian wine group Champagne Indage has bought the winemaking arm of Australian company Tandou for an undisclosed sum. The deal is Champagne Indage's second international acquisition. Last year, the co...
Champagne Indage, the market leader in wines in India, has divested a 6.9% stake to US private equity firm Emerging Markets Management....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Can Coca-Cola fuel SABMiller's soft drinks story?
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Smirnoff tops UK shopping list - figures
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014