INDIA: Champagne Indage toasts booming 2006
Indian wine group Champagne Indage has posted a healthy set of figures for its fourth quarter.
The company said net sales for the last three months of 2006 hit INR4.1bn (US$93.2m), a strong increase from INR2.4bn a year earlier. Net profit for the quarter also almost doubled in the quarter, to INR734.5m from INR379.1m.
For the nine months to 31 December, net sales reached INR7.5bn from INR4.3bn, with net profit hitting INR1.15bn from INR606m.
All of these figures were unaudited, the Mumbai-based company noted.
Although Champagne Indage also posted its full-year figures for 2006, no comparison results for the year before were issued. Audited sales for the year totalled INR6.9bn, with net profit coming in at INR1.1bn.
Last month, Champagne Indage bought the winemaking arm of Australian company Tandou. The purchase followed 2006's acquisition of UK-based wine agent McKinley Vintners.
Indian wine group Champagne Indage has bought the winemaking arm of Australian company Tandou for an undisclosed sum. The deal is Champagne Indage's second international acquisition. Last year, the co...
Champagne Indage, the market leader in wines in India, has divested a 6.9% stake to US private equity firm Emerging Markets Management....
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- Concha y Toro's Q2 by region, brand - Focus
- A step forward in alcohol research? ISFAR 191
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- Beam Suntory's Bowmore 10 Year Old - NPD
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review