INDIA: Champagne Indage buys Darlington Wines
India's oldest and largest vintner, Champagne Indage, has acquired UK-based supplier Darlington Wines.
The purchase, announced earlier this week, follows Indage's purchase of Australian premium boutique winery Vine Crest, situated in the Barossa valley, last week. The Indian company also acquired two other Australian wineries - Thachi wines and the Loxton winery - last year, and is on the lookout for adding South African wineries to its portfolio.
Darlington's imported wines could now be sold under Champagne Indage's labels, while the Indian company will now control Darlington's bottling and warehousing facilities and distribution network in the UK and Europe. The financial details of the purchase were not disclosed.
"The consolidated assets (of Darlington) will give us large scale route to market efficiency in a price competitive market such as the UK, not to mention the positive relationships with large institutional buyers," said Champagne Indage's MD, Ranjit Chougule.
Champagne Indage has 36 brands of red, white, rose and sparkling wines, and last year produced around 15m litres in its facilities in Narayangaon, Maharashtra,
The London International Wine Fair always offers a wide variety of exhibitors, including a healthy representation from less well-known regions. Chris Losh took the opportunity of last month’s fair to ...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- The decline of the flagship beer brand - Comment
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Interview- Veltins export manager Udo Bruns
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Pernod deal rescues Corby's FY
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages