UK: Champagne discounting stepped up to shift stock
Massive discounting in the UK off-trade price of Champagne, which began in the last quarter of 2000 and has gathered pace this year, hit a new level last week, reports Giles Fallowfield. Sainsbury's, the UK supermarket chain has slashed its selling price for Duval-Leroy Brut non-vintage Champagne from £13.99 to £6.99 in the run-up to Easter, according to Sainsbury's Champagne buyer Julian Dyer.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch