FRANCE: Champagne, Cognac both strong in LVMH Q1
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton issued its Q1 update earlier today
LVMH Moët Hennessy Louis Vuitton has posted a healthy leap in sales for the first three months of 2012.
The French luxury goods group, which owns the Moët & Chandon Champagne business and the Hennessy Cognac brand, said earlier today (18 April) that sales from the unit in the first quarter jumped by 22% on a reported basis year-on-year to EUR926m (US$1.21bn). Both the Champagne and Cognac units were singled out in the trading update for their healthy performances.
Champagne delivered volume growth of 5% in the period, with its prestige brands continuing to "perform well", LVMH said. Hennessy Cognac, meanwhile, had an "excellent" start to the year across the full range, with volume growth of 9% and positive impacts from its product mix and price increases.
The LVMH group as a whole posted a 25% rise in sales, to EUR6.6bn.
The company's share price slipped back by 1.5% in early trading this morning.
Half-year results, including profit performance, will be released in late-July.
To read the official announcement, click here.
Diageo Scotch whisky brand Johnnie Walker has retained its position as the number one brand on the latest IWSR/just-drinks Performance Brands rankings, published this month....
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The future for drinks industry's waste products
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends